Poll: Reissue of Revell Space Station, Kit H-1805, 1959
j***@gmail.com
2014-01-24 18:37:41 UTC
Poll for reissue of the Revell Space Station, Kit H-1805, 1959.
It is an large cylindrical manned space station kit released by Revell in
1959, kit number #H-1805. It is now extremely rare and is a companion
model to the XSL-01 Manned Space Ship kit. A photo of the box can be seen
If you are interested in seeing this kit reissued by Revell/Monogram in
their selected subject program, please post a reply on the newsgroup so
everyone can see it. When you reply, change the subject line to perhaps
the quantity of kits you might buy. Changing the subject line this way
will cause your post to appear indented below my original post and keep
all replies together. Reply to my original posting, not to someone else's
Poll: Reissue of Revell Space Station, Kit H-1805, 1959 (Fred Becker)
(Name 1)
(Name 2)
etc.
When the poll replies have finished, I will print them out and send them
to Revell/Monogram, or at least a summary if it is too much to print. I
will also call them and ask them to take a look themselves.
Go!
Fred
p.s. I'll take three.
If this station is released again I would buy three, two to build and one as a backup.
A***@aol.com
2014-01-31 03:28:36 UTC
One of my top three favorite Revell kits of all time! At least two for me!

Cookie Sewell
j***@gmail.com
2014-02-05 18:28:36 UTC
what are the other two??
j***@gmail.com
2015-04-14 18:07:31 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by A***@aol.com
One of my top three favorite Revell kits of all time! At least two for me!
Cookie Sewell
what are the other two??
Hi
Revell Germany has a webpage called Share your dream where people can put on votation the models they would like to see issued and reissued. I went there and put the Revell 1959 Space Station yesterday. It got six votes in just one day.
m***@optonline.net
2015-04-17 03:21:12 UTC
This original thread goes way back. At that time I posted I'd buy two - would probably go for three now. For those who haven't seen it - Fantastic Plastics has issued a 1/72 rocket ship XSL-01 (the Revell was 1/96) There's no interior for the manned portion and it is a bit pricey $185.00 but is a great model. Doing the space station in resin would be a real challenge. But the interest is out there. I think this goes for the entire Revell rocket models and some of the ADAMS 1/40 military kits and the two rocket kits (Thor and Vanguard with launch stands).

Val Kraut
j***@gmail.com
2015-05-03 18:57:13 UTC
Interesting kit... built one when I was 8. I'd buy two. I've heard the molds were destroyed, however that shouldn't matter with current 3D digitizing.
t***@gmail.com
2019-10-30 18:13:48 UTC
http://www.dtm-corp.com/~sven/models/boxtops/revh1805.jpg
[...]
Ahh yes, the old "Cambell soup can" space station, built too many of them, parts never really did fit properly. A lot of pre-fitting, this and that.
If re-issued they have to check the fitting of the parts to be at least near seamless. At that point I'll take a dozen cases to create different variations of the old "soup-can".
t***@gmail.com
2019-10-30 18:20:30 UTC
[...]
BTW: The only mold affected for the kit is for the clear parts, as it was lost. That is main reason why Revell did not re-issue the kit under the SSP but also they had to make a transition part to fit their new injection machines as they sold the old injection machines in which the molds fitted onto.