Model Fire Engine featured on Blue Peter (UK)
Phillip Rhodes
2004-12-16 16:02:07 UTC
I'm writing concerning a large scale working model fire engine that
was featured on BBC-TV's Blue Peter in the 1970s (possibly early
1980s)?

The vehicle was about three feet long and featured a working pump,
flashing lights and siren. The detail was incredible – all the doors
opened and the lockers were fitted out with miniature equipment –
including working fire extinguishers.

Question: do you know who owned this vehicle and/or if it still
exists?

I've tried the BBC, who are either unwilling or unable to help. Hope
you can help, and accordingly I look forward to your reply.

Kind Regards

Phillip Rhodes
Dervxerox
2018-02-21 23:18:03 UTC
replying to Phillip Rhodes, Dervxerox wrote:
I remember it. It had Action Men for crew. I'm looking for it myself.

for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/scale/model-fire-engine-featured-on-blue-peter-uk-47660-.htm
Robert Crawley
2019-01-23 13:18:02 UTC
replying to Phillip Rhodes, Robert Crawley wrote:
Hi Philip, my dad built this fire engine. Please contact me 07469766937
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/scale/model-fire-engine-featured-on-blue-peter-uk-47660-.htm
m***@gmail.com
2019-05-16 19:36:22 UTC
I know who built this.. It was my step dad
m***@gmail.com
2019-05-16 19:40:44 UTC
My step dad Peter Crawley made this in late 70s.. I watched him build it.. Little fire extinguishers too and yes action dress up as firemen with helmets.. I do know he sold this tjou
d***@gmail.com
2020-05-22 18:23:13 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
My step dad Peter Crawley made this in late 70s.. I watched him build it.. Little fire extinguishers too and yes action dress up as firemen with helmets.. I do know he sold this tjou
Could you please upload some photos of it? I'd love to see it again.